Monday Mayhem - TerreMum

What a week!  Not very surprising since Mercury just came out of retrograde, but is still moving slowly.  If you know what I'm talking about, I don't have to explain!!

Today's featured shop should pep everyone up, though!  I met this lovely proprietor on Twitter, shortly after I joined Twitter with my shop.  She is one of the few who has a conversation along with posting about her shop and someone who I look forward to chatting with!  She is a busy wife and mom of two little girls, yet still finds the time to create fantastic products that help her customers live a greener life.  Kudos to you, Jennie!

You can find her in several places.

Etsy shops: TerreMum, MumsCloset
Twitter: @TerreMum
Blog: TerreMum (A must see blog!  She has amazing, crafty features throughout the week!)

I asked her to tell me about her business and products, her family life, balancing it all and making it work.

*********
  I create eco friendly products for families seeking a greener way of life! Some of my items include cloth napkins, reusable snack and sandwich bags, reusable java jackets, kitchen towels, market tote bags, and a few other odds and ends. I have always been a bit of a "tree hugger" and even more so once I became a mom! Haha!! I thought seriously for about heading into an environmental field, but found I was much happier in the art field. So when my art started to involve the world of sewing more and more, I decided to create things that wouldn't harm the earth. I use all natural fabrics and non-toxic inks and most of my products help a person to stop relying on disposable items that pile up in a landfill somewhere.

I always knew I wanted to own my own business, it just took me a while to get here! When I started out on Etsy, I began as more of a shop for eco friendly clothing than housewares. Late last fall I decided to focus on just the housewares end of things and things have been looking up since then. I loved making the clothes, but I found that I would get too attached to them! I also like that housewares end of things allows me to use more of my inks, because screenprinting is a love of mine!

My business is relatively new so I'm still working on learning how to balance being a mom, wife, and business owner. It is really hard not to let either work or family time take over the other. Right now I'm trying to stick to just working during naptime and bedtime so that I can enjoy my girls before they head off to kindergarten!

When I need something to soothe me I usually turn to a good cup of coffee, some good music, and sewing!! I really love sewing! I am so lucky that I get to do it as my job!


What puts me in a tailspin... Hmmm... Well, my life is pretty unpredictable right now which is the probably the main thing that gets me. My husband's work schedule varies from day to day and then you add in a 3yr old and a 2yr old and things can get pretty hectic! I know in a few years when the girls are in school things, I will be able to focus on my business a little more then and have actual business hours ~gasp!!


Two of my opposing traits are that I can be super focused and yet totally unorganized! When I'm sewing, I can be so focused that I don't notice time, hunger, phones...! Unfortunately, if you were to see my studio, you would wonder how I got any sewing done!! It is a mess that I have be working on getting organized so that I can be more creative and efficient!

*****

There ya have it.  A woman doing it all and loving it!  A simple click on the links or the images will take you straight to TerreMum.  Read her blog, shop at her store, and BE GREEN!

3 comments:

Jennie Harland said...

Thank you so much for the lovely post!! You such a lovely friend!!
~Jennie

Wonder Turtle Soaps said...

Such lovely items - I especially like the market tote. It's so pretty! Thanks for sharing another great Etsy shop and another fun interview! :)

Rachael B. Winkley said...

Great post and lovely items -especially the market tote!

Post a Comment

Followers

Visitors