Monday Mayhem - Uniquely E Jewelry

I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day!  My day started with breakfast in bed and finished with my first cold process soap batch ... not bad!

I've had the chance to get to know today's shop owner, Uniquely E Jewelry, a little bit on Twitter.  Her jewelry is really cool and fresh; the best part (besides how great her pieces actually look) is that she has a good range in prices.  Everyone can find something that fits both budget and cool factor!

************
 COOL Peyote beaded bracelet - $28

Dirty Girls: Tell us about you, your shop and what keeps you inspired to make such fun pieces.

Uniquely E Jewelry: I’m the face behind Uniquely E Jewelry and I am loving every minute of this business. I’ve been making jewelry since I was a kid using whatever elements I could find, thankfully I’ve grown out of macaroni beads and into Swarovski crystal! I’ve had an Etsy shop open for 2 years but only recently started dedicating serious attention to it. Everything is growing and developing and I’m so excited to see growth where I have put significant effort.

I’m frequently inspired by the most random things around me. My husband laughs at my paper napkins, receipts, and scratch paper doodles all over the floor of the car. When inspiration strikes I make hideous chicken scribbles on paper to keep the idea from slipping into oblivion- sometimes I can make out my own scribbles and make something out of it….. :)

DG: I'm really focused right now on trying to create while balancing the idea of encouraging creativity in my son with actually getting something done.  How do you do it?

UEJ: He gets a huge kick out of sitting at my desk with me while I make jewelry. I usually have him setup with some sort of coloring, paper craft, play-doh, or other activity otherwise he wants to help…..and it’s not really helpful. But I love sharing my workspace with him and sitting close enough to smell his sweet little sweaty boy smell. Hearing him giggle at something he makes is a sound no one can help but smile at.

Having a 3 year old is hysterical and filled with wonderful moments, but it absolutely presents challenges for me to run a small business. I struggle with walking away from my desk sometimes and have been trying to better schedule my “jewelry time” for moments when my little guy is sleeping or occupied with daddy. I never want to go to sleep at night and question whether or not my little guy knows his mommy loves him more than her Etsy business.

I’m not a “scheduled” person so this has been a huge growing experience for me. Learning to be more efficient and effective in my time management has taught me a lot!

DG: Being a mom has such funny moments.  I'm talking those moments that just make you stop and laugh, despite it all.  What's made you stop and laugh with your little one lately?

UEJ: We’ve been working on potty training for the last few years, oh wait I mean weeks (sometimes it feels like years!) and there was one particular day where everything that could go wrong did! I was working on packaging up an order when my little guy went running into the bathroom so I let him have a moment to himself when I hear him say, “Eeeewww gisgusting (I love kid-talk)”….. I went running in there and he had not quite made “it” into the potty chair, he had attempted to get himself cleaned up and ended up stepping in his pull-up and then tracking “you know what” all over the bathroom floor trying to get toilet paper and wipes out…. It was a disgusting moment but his adorable green eyes were huge and he was trying so hard to be helpful.

We’ve had a number of potty moments followed by “oops I let the dog out the front door and he’s chasing the mail man” moments. In the end it keeps me grounded and reminds me that the time I have with him home with me is short and I need to nurture that!

DG: What empowers you?

UEJ: Being a mom absolutely gives me the greatest confidence. I know, with every fiber of my being, that my son adores me. When he looks at me with those big beautiful eyes and says “Me wuv you mommy” I know I can conquer the world for him.

DG:  Do you have a definition for a Dirty Girl?


Beaded Cranberry Relish Bracelet - $17
UEJ: I sure do!

Dirty Girl: A girl who’s not afraid to get her hands dirty, whether they’re being immersed in cool clay on a potter’s wheel or up to her elbows in toddler training underwear….life’s too short to keep your hands clean- so dig in. :)

********************
A big thank you to Uniquely E Jewelry for taking the time to answer all of these fun questions with some fun answers!  Follower her on Twitter and stop by her shop, Uniquely E Jewelry.  I think you will love it!

4 comments:

Wonder Turtle Soaps said...

What a fun interview! Thanks for sharing this wonderful Etsy shop. All of the pieces are beautiful, but I especially like the peyote beaded bracelet. And Uniquely E's photographs are great.
And congrats on your first batch of cold-process soap! Can't wait to see pics! :)

Hyperspace Hippo said...

Beautiful jewels and photos, and such a lovely interview! :)

Uniquely E Jewelry said...

Thanks so much for featuring me today :) It was a super fun interview and I very much enjoyed sharing!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you all liked it! Definitely fun answers!

Wonder Turtle, the Peyote bracelets are my favorite too! I don't wear a lot of jewelry, but those are pieces I'd wear!

I'll be posting pictures and the video soon, so watch for it!

Post a Comment

Followers

Visitors