Get clean!

And, moving again ... /sigh. Why oh why can I not settle in one spot? Must be the wandering nature I have!

Anyway, I am going to take advantage of this move to sort of redefine some things and define in clearer detail other things. This first month of being an Etsy shop owner has been far beyond my expectations in both good and bad ways. But, the most profound is that I am falling more in love with this creative venture by the day.

One common agreement among soapers is that a sign of soap love and addiction is seeing potential soap molds everywhere. I write this as I sit next to a super fragrant parmesan cheese container - empty of Parmesan cheese and full of a deep green soap ... now if I could just figure out how to get this lovely bit of cleansing out. Hmm ...

How Dirty Girls Get Clean ... a thought that has been bandied about in this household for the past few months. And, that idea has been growing in my mind for a bit ... How do dirty girls get clean? Is a "dirty girl" just implying a hard-core, grunge or steam punk chick who is out rallying for women's rights? Do those kinds of girls buy handmade soap? Of course! Isn't a decadent pampering one of the rights we want ... it is for me! But, is girl soap just supposed to be flowery and prettily packaged? Nope, at least this Dirty Girl doesn't think so!

We're all Dirty Girls at heart, aren't we? Somewhere, deep down, maybe? Well, I'm setting out on a mission to find a way to make soap that appeals to all levels of Dirty Girls.









2 comments:

Brooke said...

Hi! I am a new blog follower! Love the blog, and LOVE LOVE LOVE the soaps!!!!!!!!

I am also a WHAM Etsy shop owner, my shop is www.brookevangorydesigns.esty.com

Unknown said...

Hi Brooke, nice to "meet" you! For some reason I couldn't use your link! But, I found your shop ... very cute bags! Thanks for following!

Post a Comment

Followers

Visitors